Intruder is a fast-growing cyber security startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator. Intruder helps companies easily identify, track, and fix cyber security weaknesses, before they get hacked. Intruder has its headquarters in London, UK, and provides cyber security services to over 2,000 customers worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
About the role:
The Head of Customer Success is an important role. We have two key buying personas: Product-led, high volume, low ACV, and Sales-Led mid-market accounts, fewer, but much higher ACV. The Head of CS will need to execute different strategies to ensure success with each persona.
You’ll be essential in helping us grow and develop our existing Customer Success and Customer Support teams.
This is a broad role, where you’ll have a lot of autonomy to build the best possible Customer Success organisation. You’ll be the embodiment of the customer within Intruder: a key part of this role will be you bringing a consistent focus on the customer in all activities in Intruder.
You will be responsible for creating a high-performing Customer Success organisation, ensuring the rest of the Intruder team is focusing on delighting our customers. You’ll be highly ambitious and comfortable working autonomously. You’ll report to our CEO, and join our leadership team, working with your peers to help Intruder grow across many fronts.
The right candidate will be highly willing to be hands-on, highly ambitious, and will enjoy the process of scaling a growing CS team, having done it before. Our targets are ambitious - we’re aiming to double revenue every year, and you’ll be hungry to drive that growth.
This will be a critical role, and while we have a strong culture of remote work, this role will be required to be in the office in London at least 1-2 days a week.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Team building - you’ll design the Customer Success organisation based on your vision for how we can best support and enable our customers, while achieving Intruder’s commercial goals. You’ll be responsible for designing, and continually improving, remuneration and commission plans for your team and ensuring incentives are aligned between our CSMs, other team members, and customers. You’ll grow a high performing team that services an expanding portfolio of clients across the UK, USA, APAC, Europe, ready to scale up the team as necessary.
- Churn, renewal, expansion, and LTV targets - supported by our CEO, you’ll design targets for the CS team that enable us to hit our company wide-goals, while maximising value for our customers. You’ll create frameworks to measure, model, and reduce churn, and to increase expansion. You’ll be responsible for hitting (and hopefully exceeding!) these targets, and you’ll communicate your progress to the company, and be responsible for them at the exec team level.
- Customer Success initiatives - you’ll develop and execute projects to improve retention and expansion rates, and regularly share their effectiveness with the rest of Intruder.
- Satisfaction targets - you’ll be responsible for deciding how we quantify customer satisfaction with Intruder (CSAT / NPS, etc.), and will implement mechanisms to measure and increase it.
- Tooling - you’ll pick tools that enable you and your team to be successful, while giving the best experience for our customers.
- The customer voice - you’ll absorb the perspective of our customers, and help disseminate their point of view within Intruder. You’ll proactively help the rest of the company understand what our customers think of us, where competition may be evolving, how they feel about prospective features, and so on. You’ll ask probing questions that really get to the heart of why people leave, like, or love our service, and you’ll disseminate this to the relevant teams.
- Injecting customer perspective in other teams - you’ll work with Product to help inform the roadmap, support launches, understand hotspots for churn and retention. With Marketing to emphasise campaigns that create great long-term customers, or reduce campaigns that create high-turnover customers. With Sales to understand customer feedback, to take into consideration when pitching prospective customers.
- Determining the right service model - you’ll create appropriate models to service our revenue basket: providing scalable help and support for our high-volume, low-ACV customers, and a more relationship-driven model for our higher ACV mid-market clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- You will be extremely logical, analytical and be able to find patterns in our data, identifying causal relationships between actions and increases or decreases in churn or retention.
- You’ll bring an analytical and rigorous approach to Customer Success processes and decision making through the use of data, market information, and client feedback.
- You’ll be highly Product-minded, and excited to be working with a Product team focused on reducing Churn, providing customer context and insights.
- It is important that you have experience working in a high-volume product-led business that has many hundreds/thousands of clients.
- You enjoy optimising processes, and want to create workflows to allow our customers to self-serve wherever possible, while ensuring that the customer experience is great.
- You’re a self-starter, experienced at this stage of a company's growth, and able to proactively forge a path forward.
- You are an exceptional communicator, and will find it easy to synthesise feedback from many clients into useful and actionable documentation for our other teams.
- You enjoy working with others, developing relationships internally, and externally, with senior stakeholders at our customers.
Why join us?
Intruder is a dynamic and well-funded startup operating in a very fast-growing market. You'll join the company at just the right time, we've established a product-market fit and things are now really taking off!
What we’re offering:
£75-£100k salary plus OTE.
Share options so you can benefit from our success.
28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, and an additional 5 unpaid if you wish to take them.
Flexible working - you can work from home, but you should be in a position to work from our Shoreditch office 1-2 times a week.
Regular (optional) socials to have some fun. In the past we've explored virtual worlds, played laser tag in VR, and had way too much fun at the cabaret.