Intruder is a fast-growing cyber security startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator. Intruder helps companies easily identify, track, and fix cyber security weaknesses, before they get hacked. Intruder has its headquarters in London, UK, and provides cyber security services to over 1,500 customers worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
About the role:
This position will be our first dedicated technical support role and will require someone that is keen to hit the ground running. The product is always evolving, so the ideal candidate would be as adaptable as they are resourceful, with a proven capacity for learning quickly.
We're looking for someone that has a strong technical foundation (familiarity with cloud services will be especially useful) and the ability to communicate information simply and succinctly – both internally and externally.
This is a customer-centric role, so the ability to remain calm and understanding is a must; so too is the ability to politely unpick a problem. Your technical experience will play an important role in navigating ambiguous questions, spotting inconsistencies or misconfiguration and gently educating users when they have misunderstood.
Working on the frontline, you'll be uniquely positioned to relay customer experiences and challenges to the engineering, product and marketing teams – your attention to detail and exemplary organisational skills will make collaboration a breeze.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Strive to delight all customers with prompt, accurate and empathetic technical support via the chatbot function
- Take ownership of reported technical issues and follow through to resolution with the ability to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions, sometimes working with other teams to do so
- Suggest improvements to our products / processes and work with other teams to define requirements and document those improvements
- Manage demo cloud accounts for GCP, Azure and AWS to assist with support collateral
- Document support issues and contribute to our customer knowledge base in the form of help articles, instructions manuals, FAQs etc – ensuring that content is always up to date
- Maintain internal technical support material, working with other team members where appropriate
- Monitor the company's Intruder account (yes, we scan ourselves!) and relay any issues that need to be resolved
Technical skills / experience
- Be familiar with basic command and terminal usage in MacOS, Windows and Linux
- Have a basic understanding of: TCP/IP; firewalls, WAFs, IPS and IDS; the differences between external and internal networks; TLS/SSL; how to test whether a service is exposed to the internet
- Have basic knowledge of Cloud services (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Have basic knowledge of security tools such as Nmap
- Have experience working for a SaaS company
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2-3 years of technical support experience (Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role)
- Have excellent command of written English language and the ability to communicate technical details effectively to people with various levels of technical competence and knowledge
- Have a resourceful and determined approach to problem-solving
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable with client-facing calls
- Be patient and courteous (troubleshooting technical queries can be quite challenging)
Why join us?
Intruder is a dynamic and well-funded startup operating in a very fast-growing market. You'll join the company at just the right time, we've established a product-market fit and things are now really taking off!
What we’re offering:
- £37,000 - £42,000
- Share options so you can benefit from our success.
- 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, and an additional 5 unpaid if you wish to take them.
- Flexible working - you can work from home, but you should be in a position to work from our Shoreditch office 1-2 times a week.
- Regular (optional) socials to have some fun. In the past we've explored virtual worlds, played laser tag in VR, and had way too much fun at the cabaret.
For consideration for the role, please include a cover letter; and a resume no longer than two pages.