Intruder is a fast-growing cyber security startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator. Intruder helps companies easily identify, track, and fix cyber security weaknesses, before they get hacked. Intruder has its headquarters in London, UK, and provides cyber security services to over 2,500 customers worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
About the role:
We’re hiring our first Head of People. This is an important role; our team is tight and highly focused, while being geographically distributed. You’ll be essential in helping us grow and develop our organisation, for existing and new team members.
You’ll be our first hire in the People function, helping to establish it from the ground up. You’ll be highly ambitious and comfortable working autonomously. You’ll report to our CEO and join our leadership team, working with your peers to help Intruder grow across many fronts.
The right candidate will be excited to be hands-on, highly ambitious, and will enjoy the process of scaling a growing business, having done it before. Our targets are ambitious - we’ve doubled headcount this year and plan to do the same the next, and you’ll be hungry to drive that growth.
This will be a critical role, and while we have a strong culture of remote work, this position will be required in our Shoreditch office in London at least 1-2 days per week.
This will be a broad role, where you absorb all existing processes, level them up, and create new ones that deliver a step-change improvement in Intruder’s execution.
- Employer brand and value proposition - emphasising Intruder as a vibrant place people are excited about joining, optimising our job descriptions, recruiting and interview processes, and ensuring we’re attending the right recruiting events.
- Enhancing our culture - with our CEO and exec team, you’ll help formalise our culture, embedding it in all touch points with potential and current team members.
- Offices and events - you’ll take over ownership of running our office(s) and coordinating events, e.g., annual/bi-anual full team in-person get-togethers. This will form a crucial part of our culture since in-person get-togethers should drive collaboration, cohesiveness and loyalty across the team.
- Performance management and talent development - you’ll take over and enhance the objective setting and performance review processes, providing our team with clear and updated job descriptions, goals, feedback, development opportunities, training programmes, and paths for career growth.
- Recruitment - taking over management of our external recruiters, evaluating performance considering if / when to in-house the function.
- The interview process - improving efficiency, consistency, throughput, producing better outcomes for both the candidate and us.
- The onboarding / pre-boarding experience - optimising the process to reduce internal admin, while maximising the positive experience for the new recruit, getting them up-to-speed and effective in their new role as fast as possible. We want an experience new hires rave about!
- People and recruitment strategy - working with our CEO to build future hiring and location plans. Partner with hiring managers to create team growth and performance plans, job descriptions, and seamless hiring processes.
- Employee engagement and retention - you’ll create programmes to understand employee engagement, and identify possible retention issues before they arise, increasing retention of key team members.
- Employment administrations and rights processes - administering Right To Work across the geographies we operate in, UK-based visa sponsorship, background checks, remote work, etc., ensuring Intruder is protected and doing the right thing in each region.
- Employment contracts - for full time and contract employees for the multitude of regions we operate in.
- Compensation and Benefits - you’ll create compensation and total rewards frameworks that ensures Intruder is able to attract, recognise, reward, and retain a world-class team.
- The HR tech stack - you evaluate and replace tools as you see fit.
- Management development - you’ll help develop our team leads management capabilities, helping improve on touch points like 1:1s, feedback delivery, and performance review interactions.
We are looking for someone who has done this before; your ability to demonstrate a strong track record in delivering People initiatives and establishing and sustaining a strong company culture in rapidly growing scale-ups is essential.
- You’re an experienced HR professional with excellent knowledge of all areas of Human Resources management and employment legislation.
- You have examples of establishing a previous company as an employer of choice by developing strong employer branding and positioning.
- You will have helped establish, alongside other leaders, a positive yet results-focused culture in your previous employment.
- You’re a self-starter, experienced at this stage of a company's growth, and able to proactively forge a path forward.
- You are an exceptional communicator, and have first-rate interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You’re able to navigate between focusing on day-to-day execution and long-term strategy, enjoying both activities.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working in B2B SaaS.
- Experience facilitating exec team and company offsites.
- Experience with building a localised team in the USA.